Privacy and Cookies Policy
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We hope you will enjoy using the http://northernoffshore.com website (our “Website”) and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our Website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, circumstances where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure.
This privacy and cookies notice is issued on behalf of Northern Offshore’s group of Companies and references to "we", "us" or "our" are to the data controllers responsible for processing your data. Northern Offshore U.K. Ltd (Company Number: 06464217) and Northern Offshore US Inc are joint data controllers of any personal data that you provide us in accordance with this policy. Northern Offshore U.K. Ltd has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office that it is a data controller under registration number Z3441098. We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to applicable data protection legislation.
Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to DataProtection@nofltd.com. As joint controllers, both Northern Offshore U.K. Ltd and Northern Offshore US Inc shall be responsible for all communications sent to DataProtection@nofltd.com, including if you wish to exercise any of your rights as detailed below.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us by using the Website in, including but not limited to, the following ways:
- subscribing for email notifications;
- contacting us with a query; or
- applying for a job advertised on the Website or providing a speculative CV.
We also collect your personal information directly from you when we meet in a business context (for example from a face-to-face meeting, attendance at an event, via telephone or email).
We collect the following personal information about you:
- your name, e-mail address, telephone number and organization details;
- if applying for a job, any further personal details included in your CV such as employment history and education;
- your IP address and clicks on our Website.
Why we need this information about you
We use the information we collect about you:
- to help us to better understand how our Website is used;
- to respond to your query submitted either via the Website, email or telephone, as appropriate;
- to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise;
- if applying for a job, to proceed with your application or, if providing your CV speculatively, to provide you with information about our job vacancies and to assist in finding a suitable position; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and services
Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you.
We use encrypted information gathered from Cookies to improve your online experience with us.
Cookies help keep track of your progress so you don’t have to enter the same information more than once.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorized access.
Sharing of your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us and our employees as confidential. We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Transfers outside the EEA
As a global organization headquartered in United States and operating in several jurisdictions, we may, at times, be required to transfer and store your information outside the UK and EEA. We will, at all times, ensure that adequate technical and organizational safeguards are in place to ensure that any personal data transferred remains secure and is protected. If you require further information about these protective measures you can request it from DataProtection@nofltd.com
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information). We will generally keep your information as long as is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you after which the information will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk or harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which it processes personal information and whether it can achieve those purposes through other means, and, at all times, the applicable legal requirements.
If you provide personal information to use for recruitment purposes, we will hold this personal information for 6 months.
You have the right at any time to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you (for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it).
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at DataProtection@nofltd.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.